"This is so cool, Mrs. Morris."
"I love this class."
"I love this website."
Do you want to hear that from your students? I loved hearing it from mine!
Click HERE to go!
I was planning on using a wiki this year, but I have changed my mind after working with this. It is great. My kids are so excited to use it.
- Teacher has access to all accounts.
- Quick to post a comment, alert, assignment, quiz, or poll.
- The assignments, quizzes, and polls can be self-grading!
- Teacher has the option to moderate all comments before they are published.
- You can link to other websites for easy access.
The kids just click on the link and read. When they are finished, they come back to Edmodo, click on the turn in button (their view says Turn in), type their response and hit send. Easy!
There is a Library for you to store resources and a calendar that all your students can see. You can also upload your Google docs!
This is the Help page. It is actually helpful!
Follow these steps to get it set up with your students:
- You (the teacher) set up a page by clicking on the I'm a Teacher button. It is very simple. It guides you through setting up your preferences. It will also give you a code. You will need this for your students to join your group.
- Get your class in the computer lab or with a class set of laptops.
- After they navigate to Edmodo, they will click on the I'm a Student button. You will give them the code, they will create a username and password. They do not need an email address to do this.
- After they have successfully chosen a username and password they will be guided through choosing a profile picture and they will be sent to the class page.
- Ta Da! Finished!
Go try it!!!!!
I did have to make an important point with my students.
I said, "Repeat after me - Edmodo. Say it. Edmodo. It is not Facebook. Please don't go home and tell your parents that we got on Facebook in class today!"